Where I grew up, pot was as common as drinking beer. It was and still is embedded in the culture. I am fourth generation northern Californian, and smoked my first joint when I was 13 years old. By the time I turned eighteen, I was traveling the world and studying abroad whenever possible. After earning my BA in International Studies at UC Irvine in 2002, I wandered.
- Unveiling Ceremony for Two New Southern Humboldt County Cultural Landmarks
- Welcome Statement — Message from Brian Applegarth, Founder
- How the Emerald Triangle Became a Seed Bank
- The Cannabis Trail: A Column Celebrating the Cannabis Legacy of Northern California
- Cannabis Plays a Singular Role in San Francisco’s Radical Communities